NRA Precision Pistol
(formerly known as Bullseye Pistol)
When: 7:00 AM - 1:00 PM on the 2nd Sunday of the month
Where: Pistol Range
Contact: Darek Rader
Cost: Members - $15 / Non-Members $20
Open to the Public.
7:00 - New Shooter Orientation
7:30 - Set Up
8:00 - NRA Match Begins
All firing is done standing, with one hand only. There are 3 courses of fire:
- Slow fire: 10 rounds in 10 minutes, fired at 50 yards.
- National Match Course: 10 rounds in 10 minutes, fired at 50 yards, followed by Timed Fire and Rapid Fire.
- Timed fire: Two strings of 5 rounds in 20 secs, fired at 25 yards, conducted twice.
- Rapid fire: Two strings of 5 rounds in 10 seconds, fired at 25 yards, conducted twice.
Up to two different guns can be used:
- Any 22 rimfire pistol or revolver, with any sights. Trigger pull must be 2 lbs minimum.
- Any center-fire pistol or revolver, 32 caliber or larger, any sights. Trigger pull must be 2.5 lbs minimum. 45 caliber trigger pull must be 3.5 lbs minimum.
You do not have to shoot both guns, and many new shooters use 22 for both courses of fire.
Minimum Equipment Required:
- Eye and ear protection.
- One or two pistols (22 required).
- At least 2 Magazines
- 100 rounds of ammunition for each gun.
- Staple gun for putting up targets.
- Masking tape or pasters for target repair
- Binoculars or spotting scope for seeing your shots at 50 yards.
- Extra magazines for each gun.
Instruction Offered: Yes! Loaner equipment may be available. Email 48 hours prior to match.
Competition Level: All levels welcome, Novice to High Master.