Precision 22 Rifle
When: 12pm – 4pm on 2nd Thursday of the month.
Where: 150 yd Rifle Range
Contact: Bill Townsend
$2 - EF&GA Members
$3 - Guests
Juniors are FREE
This is precision shooting with 22 LR rifles from the shooting bench.
The course of fire consists of four target cards.
- There are 25 targets per card – one shot per target.
- Competitors are given 20 minutes to shoot each target card.
- There is a sight-in period before the match on separate sighter targets (provided by the Match Director).
- Shooting is conducted at 50 yards.
Scoring is the opposite of most competitions. Scoring is based on the worst edge scoring method. A bullet hole that breaks the outside edge of a line is given the lower value. If in doubt, review the Scoring Example on the upper left corner of the target.
Detailed Scoring Description
Any shot entirely within the outer edge of the center ring = 100 points.
Any shot in the area between the outer edge of the inner ring and the outer edge of the second ring = 50 points.
Any shot with the hole’s outer edge in the area between the outer edge of the second ring, and until the hole’s inner edge leaves the outer edge of the second ring = 25 points.
Any shot in the area between the outer edge of the second ring and until the hole’s inner edge leaves the inner edge of the outmost ring = 25 points.
See example below.
Minimum Equipment Required:
- Some kind of front rest. Rests which are adjustable for height and windage are preferred.
- Some kind of rear rest.
- Eye and ear protection.
- 22 LR rifle.
- 100 rounds of ammo plus extra for sighters.
- Staple gun for putting up targets.
- Wind flags.
Instruction Offered: Yes