All forms are in PDF format. Please print, fill out, and mail these forms to: Escondido Fish and Game Association, P.O. Box 460506, Escondido, CA 92046.
- Regular Membership Application
- Junior / Youth Membership Application
- Regular Membership Renewal Form
- Junior / Youth Renewal Form
- Lost Membership Card Replacement Request Form
As of January 1, 2009, the Escondido Fish and Game Association will only accept applicants for regular membership (age 21 and older) on a waitlist basis only. Applicants may be added to the waitlist only after the Association Clerk verifies the completeness of their application, and necessary supporting documentation. Applicants will be notified of their position on the waitlist, or of any deficiencies. Until any deficiencies have been satisfied, applicants will not be added to the waitlist.
New member (regular members) application acceptance will be processed monthly at special Board of Directors meetings only. There are a limited number of applicants invited to each meeting, based upon their waitlist position. All applicants must RSVP a minimum of 7 days prior to the orientation meeting via phone or email. A message may be left on the Clerk’s answering machine at 760-432-2089 including the full name of all applicants you intend to RSVP for. You may also contact our Association Clerk via email. All RSVP emails will receive a confirmation reply.
- Juniors (less than 18) and Youth (18 to 20 years old) are accepted with proof of current NRA membership and certification in firearms safety instruction.
- Regular members (21 years and older) are accepted with proof of current NRA membership and certification in firearms safety instruction. Regular members must also have their applications countersigned by a member in good standing and pay a one-time initiation fee of $185 in addition to the annual dues.
The bylaws of the Escondido Fish and Game Association require that all members must maintain membership in the National Rifle Association. If you are not already a member, we encourage you to let us complete the process for you (we are a Top-10 recruiter for the NRA), which can be done for as little as $10 per year. For $40, you also receive an NRA membership card, NRA magazine subscription of your choice and NRA voting rights. If you are already an NRA member, please note that we accept only three forms as proof (copies are acceptable):
- NRA membership card showing your NRA membership number and month and year of expiration.
- Magazine label from any of the four monthly NRA publications which has your membership number above your name and address and your NRA membership expiration date.
- Pink "Member Copy" of the triplicate Membership Application form if you join the NRA during a Hunter Education course at the EF&GA range. Email and fax receipts from the NRA are not acceptable.
EF&GA requires all junior, youth and regular applicants show proof of having completed a course or test in firearms safety that include live fire competency as part of the training. Several of these courses are taught at our range (noted by an asterisk *):
- Active/veteran peace officers
- Active/veteran military service
- CA CCW (and other states that require a safety course/test)
- NRA or CA certified firearms instructor
- NRA firearms safety certificates
- Participating in EFGA clinics: Basic Handgun*/Women on Target*
California Firearms / Handgun Safety Certificate (FSC or HSC) IS NOT ACCEPTED (no live-fire training)
California Hunter Safety Certificate / Hunting License IS NOT ACCEPTED (no live-fire training)
Applicants age 21 and older must have a current member of EF&GA in good standing countersign their membership application prior to attending a monthly orientation. We encourage applicants to get to know some of our members and participate in functions that are open to the public prior to applying for membership. We offer many matches and functions open to the public, including rifle, pistol, and shotgun events. You may contact the Shoot Chairs directly for information about specific events. The public is also welcome to attend our General Meetings on every second Thursday at 7:15 p.m. The meeting is both informational and social, offers doughnuts and coffee, and ends with a raffle for dozens of fishing, hunting, camping, and 2 cash prizes.