When: 7:30 am on the 2nd Saturday of the month
Where: Trap Range
Contact: Stephen Baran
Forerly known as NIDPA - New Instructional Defensive Pistol Action
This event is NOT associated with or sanctioned by IDPA
- MEMBERS ONLY, No Cost, Donations for supplies are accepted and appreciated.
- Shooters must have some Pistol and Holster Experience
- All shooters must be pre-qualified prior to participation in the event. Contact the shoot chair for arrangements.
- Shooters must complete sign up and be geared up by 7:45 am!
- This event is designed as a primer for IDPA with more emphasis on instruction than competition.
- The course will include both instruction and competition.
- The event includes rapid fire as well as holster draw.
- Cardboard targets (metal stands, wood frames) will be placed at 5 to 20 yards.
- Courses of fire will have various numbers of targets.
- All targets will be placed so that all shots are downrange.
- Targets will be scored and taped after each shooter completes the course of fire.
- Concealment is required after a shooter has attended three NIDPA shoots.
- Stock pistols and stock sights only, pistols must be concealable.
- At least 3 magazines
- At least one 2 magazine carrier
- 100 rounds of ammunition*. – 9 mm to 45 cal. limits.
- Eye and Ear Protection
* Steel is NOT permitted in any projectiles. If you are unsure, test your ammunition with a magnet.